I’ve come to realize why cross training is so important. I’ve been going to Oragetheory classes for several months now, and while I definitely feel fatigued during the classes, I hardly ever get sore from them anymore. This week between classes, I tried a NTC workout and did my yoga dvd yesterday and MAN are my muscles sore. It’s amazing to me how different muscles are worked so differently with each workout. The body is an amazing thing.
Yesterday’s diary was similar to Wednesday’s. I’m officially obsessed with avocado toast and have made it a little differently every day! Here’s the breakdown for Thursday:
Breakfast (140 cals)
- DKB Thin Sliced Whole Grain Toast, 1 slice (60 cals)
- Small Avacado, ¼ (25 cals)
- Coffee, 2 cups (5 cals)
- Coffee Creamer, 2 teaspoons (20 cals)
- Natural Cane Turbinado Sugar, 2 tablespoons (30 cals)
Morning Snack (167 cals)
- Egg, 1 (80 cals)
- Wasabi Almonds, 1/3 pack (87 cals)
Lunch (100 cals)
- Medifast Chocolate Shake, 1 (100 cals)
Afternoon Snack (280 cals)
- Small Banana, 1 (90 cals)
- Justin’s Peanut Butter, 1 pack (190 cals)
Dinner (300 cals)
- Chipotle Carnitas Burrito Bowl, half bowl (230 cals)
- Tortilla Chips & Salsa, 5 chips (70 cals)
Dessert (80 cals)
- Ghiradelli 60% Cacao Chocolate, 1 square (80 cals)
Activity (325 cals)
- Yoga, 48 minutes (325 cals)
I was sorta bummed that yoga didn’t burn more calories than that, but I KNOW it was a good workout (I can certainly feel it today) and I need to remind myself that it’s more than just calories burned.
Today and this weekend will be challenging, I’m sure. Hopefully I’ll be able to continue with the momentum I had over the week. We’re having dinner and drinks with friends tonight and a concert on Sunday where much wine will be consumed. My plan is to just have everything in moderation! We’ll see how it goes. Fingers crossed!
I likely won’t blog on the weekends so Monday will be a big weekend check-in as well as my weekly weigh-in and progress photo. Aren’t you all excited?!?
Wishing you all a great weekend!